Tuesday, September 3, 2013

VIP Talent Connect and The It Factor Productions Present A Celebrity Interview on Entertainment Mentorship: Richard Dreyfuss



The It Factor Productions VIP Talent Connect Asks: Who Mentored Richard Dreyfuss?

Richard Dreyfuss is a well-known stage and screen actor. His films include Jaws, The Goodbye Girl, Mr. Holland’s Opus, and so many more important and well known major motion pictures.  Alycia Kaback, CEO of The It Factor Productions, looks up to him and here’s why:

Richard Dreyfuss says, “Someone asked me, why was Rose Jane such a great teacher? And I said, because she believed that we were as great as we thought we were. She was an extraordinary drama teacher who filled us with confidence. And confidence, as an artist, is incredibly important.

I had a teacher who expected us to fail all the time. And yet somehow, everything I came to love in my life I learned in her class. Because she had no patience for us. “Come on. Shakespeare. Come on, let’s go.” And I swear, when Mr. Holland’s Opus opened and I was thinking about Mrs. Wilcox, I tracked her down. Because I realized this weird thing: that I owed her something. I had always told the story of this grumpy woman. But I found her in San Diego. I called her up and said, you won’t remember me but I was in Horseman Elementary in 1962. And I want you to know that everything I ever came to love — history, Shakespeare — I learned in your class. And she said, “Thank you very much,” and hung up.”

The It Factor Productions tells our KMM Talent over and over again to always say thank you- you never know where that persons influence will end up taking you in your modeling, acting, music, or dance career.

He continues, “And I swear, those two people, those two teachers clearly and profoundly affected who I am.

Giving back, or being part of a community, and sensing your obligation or sensing the weave of community, is not only a good and decent thing, it’s been the goal of western civilization for 5,000 years. It shouldn’t be thought of as something extraordinary. It should be thought of as business as usual.

On an individual basis, it’s fun. It’s fun to see the light in someone’s eyes. It’s fun to give your own eccentric experience and have it land. That’s fun. And you live longer. You live in their thought, and their thought, and their thought. For whatever reason that we fear death, it’s always nicer to think, someone will be thinking of me in 200 years, or someone will be thinking my thought. Or I will have contributed to that thought that still lives.

Why The It Factor Productions Says You Need A Mentor to Break into Entertainment

The It Factor Productions firmly believes that one of the key ingredients that will help you succeed in the entertainment industry, or any industry for that matter, is having a mentor who has been where you are and has gone where you want to go in their career as an entertainer.  No matter whether you want to become a model, learn how to land gigs as an actor, get signed to a record label, or join a prominent dance company, having the opportunity to pick the brain of someone who’s actually done it can help you tremendously in achieving your goals as an artist.  This is why The It Factor Productions and Alycia Kaback produce VIP Talent Connect Entertainment Networking Summits in NYC.  To drive home this point, The It Factor Productions will be releasing a series of interviews with famous people you look up to in the industry talking about the mentors without whom they would not have made their break into the entertainment industry.

Follow the link for more celebrity interviews on mentoring in the entertainment industry from The It Factor Productions. 

The Article credit goes to: The It Factor Productions and Alycia Kaback

No comments:

Post a Comment